- Six of the Baddest Asian Pacific American Comedians Come to Knock on SF’s Door
- San Francisco’s Asian Art Museum Announces 2014-2015 Exhibition Schedule
- The Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco Presents the 5th Annual Chinatown Music Festival
- Fifth Laotian National Conference Set for This Weekend
- S.F.’s Annual Japanese Pop Culture Extravaganza Attracts Huge Crowds For Music, Anime, Film, Fashion And Ramen
Archive for November 17th, 2007
Posted on November 17, 2007 | No CommentsWhile an Asian Pacific American mayor in San Francisco is promising (Potstickers, Nov. 9), attaining APA parity on the city’s Board of Supervisors has been frustrated since the return to district elections in 2000 when three APA citywide supervisors were reduced to one district supervisor.
Posted on November 17, 2007 | No CommentsI write for many reasons. Three of them died recently — role models all. I couldn’t be that garrulous Filipino American amok if I didn’t cull inspiration from my role models. You need as many as you can get. When they die, they dot your […]
Posted on November 17, 2007 | No CommentsChinese Newcomers Service Center held its 15th annual Emperor and Empress Charity Ball on Oct. 26 at Far East Cafe in San Francisco.
Posted on November 17, 2007 | No CommentsAs Grace Tzeng reports in this issue, 74-year-old Margaret Tse was fined $2,200 by the state’s Board of Barbering and Cosmetology for an April incident where she was found trimming a friend’s hair in a Chinatown salon without a license.