Archive for October 28th, 2008

  • Asian American Singer Opening for Kanye

    Asian American Singer Opening for Kanye

    We knew Kanye West had a fetish for things Asian, including anime (he collaborated with Takashi Murakami for his Graduation album cover design and his music videos). Now Kanye’s taking an Asian singer on the road with him: Van Ness Wu, one of Taiwan’s hip […]

    Full Story

  • Vietnam Refugee Named Volunteer of the Year: Hoa Tran Gives Back to Immigrant Students at Newcomer High School

    Vietnam Refugee Named Volunteer of the Year: Hoa Tran Gives Back to Immigrant Students at Newcomer High School

    SAN FRANCISCO – San Francisco School Volunteers, a group that recruits and places volunteers in city public schools, honored Hoa Tran as Volunteer of the Year at an Oct. 14 lunch reception at the Fairmont Hotel. For the past five years, Tran has assisted with […]

    Full Story

  • E Pluribus Unum

    E Pluribus Unum

    If I had drawn up a list four years ago of who would likely be the next president of the United States, the name Barack Obama would not have been on it. Up until July 27, 2004, I had never even heard of him. But […]

    Full Story

  • One More Time: No On Proposition 8

    One More Time: No On Proposition 8

    We are up to our eyeballs in defeating Proposition 8. A recent Associated Press report found that over $60 million has been contributed from all 50 states and 20 foreign countries. All this to sway 10 percent of the voters, the other 90 percent has […]

    Full Story

  • A Whole Lot of Halloween Fun with GAPA

    A Whole Lot of Halloween Fun with GAPA

    SAN FRANCISCO – Where else would one spot vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin alongside The Crazy 88s accompanied by kickass schoolgirl Gogo Yubari from the film Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and anime power couple Inuyasha and Kagome but at the Gay Asian Pacific Alliance’s second […]

    Full Story

  • Two Sides of the Asian American Vote

    Two Sides of the Asian American Vote

    Asian American leaders Sasha Gong and Dale Minami explain why they are voting for McCain and Obama, respectively.

    Full Story

  • Connecting Young Filipino Professionals

    Connecting Young Filipino Professionals

    Dressed in business casual attire with name tags on lapels and drinks in hand, around 120 young professionals from all fields crammed into Alimango Restaurant in San Mateo, Calif. on Oct. 1 for the Young Filipino Professionals Association (YFPA) First Wednesdays Networking Mixer. Genevieve V. […]

    Full Story