World-class dragon boat racing, spectacular cultural performances, and fun-filled activities for the whole family will take place at the 2009 Kaiser Permanente San Francisco International Dragon Boat Festival on September 26 and 27 at Treasure Island. The San Francisco event is the largest competitive dragon boat festival in the United States with over 110 dragon boat teams and 3,500 dragon boat paddlers competing in the 500 and 300 meter courses.
On Saturday at noon, festivities commence with the Dragon Horse Lion Dance Group. The Dharma Masters of the Chung Tai Zen Center of Sunnyvale will perform the official blessing & eye dotting to awaken the dragons for the weekend of racing.
The food area will feature a wide variety of delicious food vendors, including Thai, Vietnamese, and Hawaiian food, BBQ, seafood, hot dogs, sno cones, cupcakes, yogurt, and much more!
Free arts & crafts activities and fun games & prizes for children of all ages will take place in the designated family area – Dragon Land.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Festival Hours 10 AM - 5 PM, Racing Hours 8 AM – 5 PM
- Opening Ceremonies
- Competitive and Recreation Division Seeding
- Men’s and Women’s Seeding
- Novice Division Races and Challenge Cups
- College Cup
- Novice Division Awards Ceremony
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Festival Hours 10 AM – 5 PM, Racing Hours 8 AM – 5 PM
- Visiting Teams Races / Championship
- Competitive and Recreation Division Championships
- High School Division Races
- Men’s and Women’s Championships
- Masters Race
- Closing / Awards Ceremony
* Schedule is subject to change