The 2014 Northern California Cherry Blossom Queen Program Committee seeks enthusiastic, community-minded, young Nikkei women to participate in the 2014 Northern California Cherry Blossom Queen Program.
Held in San Francisco’s historic Japantown, the 47th Annual Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival dates are the weekends April 12th and 13th and April 19th and April 20st, 2014.
The Queen Program will be take place at the Sundance Kabuki Cinemas on April 12, 2014, at which time the new 2014 Queen and Court will be selected.
The Queen Program Committee is seeking qualified young women:
· Who will serve as the Goodwill Ambassadors for the Japanese American Community of Northern California.
· Who will endeavor to preserve, promote and perpetuate the Japanese-American culture through active participation in civic and community events.
· Who will uphold the highest values and morals as role models for today’s youth while striving to preserve the traditions and values of past Japanese American generations.
Qualified Candidates must be:
· Be eighteen years of age and not more than twenty-five years of age as of April 12, 2014
· Single and not previously married
· Be 50% Japanese Ancestry
· Be a United States citizen having lived in the Northern California area for at least 3 years
· A foreign national with permanent status of at least one year and lived in the Northern California area for at least three years
· A foreign national residing in the Northern California area for at least three years
The term of service is one calendar year
· Submit an essay of no more than 500 words (typed) in English or Japanese (translated), explaining “Why I desire to represent the Japanese American community as Cherry Blossom Queen.”
Forward the completed application to the:
Northern California Queen Program Committee no later than the deadline November 25, 2013.
Applications should be sent to:
c/o Union Bank
1675 Post Street, San Francisco, Ca. 94115
Attention Mrs. Glenda Okamura
For more information contact: Sarah Fedaie at (415) 517-4338.