The Oakland Asian Cultural Center (OACC) is proud to present their national #APIVoices YouTube Video Contest! This is YOUR chance to share a topic that you feel is relevant to the Asian Pacific Islander (API) community, and challenge the stereotype that social issues do not affect APIs.
Select video submissions will be posted to the OACC YouTube page. Below are more details on the contest.
WHAT: Create a video that describes an issue you care about as a member of the API community
WHERE: YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook
WHEN: March 14th – April 14th
WHY: API issues and concerns are not explored enough in schools, media, and society.
– Videos should not exceed 3 minutes, and should be no shorter than 30 seconds
– Mention OACC in your video
– One submission per individual or group
– If you are making a video in a language other than English, be sure to include English subtitles
– Fill out the #APIVoices submission form at tinyurl.com/apivoicesform
– Email a YouTube link with your video to email@example.com
– Post about your video on Twitter with the hashtag #apivoices
HOW TO WIN
Prizes include the YouTube Audience Award, the Twitter Audience Award, and the Juried Award
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to join the #APIVoices Facebook page
– Make sure your video has the most likes and comments on YouTube
– Make sure your video has the most replies, retweets, and favorites on Twitter
– A panel of API community leaders will select the winner of the Juried Award shortly after the conclusion of the contest
THE WINNER OF EACH AWARD WILL RECEIVE:
VIP tickets to culminating event on 4/25
If you have any questions or concerns about #APIVoices, please email email@example.com.