Festival is part of Hill Physicians commitment to all of its diverse patient membership
SAN FRANCISCO, CA May 1, 2014 – As part of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, the AsianWeek Foundation announced Hill Physicians Medical Group as title sponsor of the 10th Annual Asian Heritage Street Celebration (AHSC), the nation’s largest pan Asian street fair. The 10th Annual Hill Physicians AHSC will be held Saturday, May 17, 2014 in front of San Francisco Civic Center and the Asian Art Museum, leading up to the Little Saigon neighborhood. The event is free and open to the public from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sponsoring the festival is part of Hill Physician’s commitment to health outreach to the Bay Area’s Asian community. Hill Physicians is the largest association of independent doctors in Northern California. Their doctor’s care for 300,000 members, working to keep them well and helping them bounce back when things go wrong.
“Hill Physicians keeps families healthy in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Asian Heritage Street Celebration brings families together to share in the area’s rich cultural heritages,” said Ted Fang, Executive Director of the AsianWeek Foundation. “This is a great partnership to celebrate the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area and to improve the health of the community and our families.”
At the upcoming street fair, Hill Physicians will be offering bone density and grip strength screenings, health presentations, and the chance for fairgoers to meet doctors. Hill Physicians is also pleased to support awareness, screening and vaccinations for hepatitis B. The May cover story of their magazine, Hill Health, is about the ABCs of hepatitis and features the story of Fiona Ma, former speaker pro tem of the California State Assembly. Free copies will be available at their booth in the Healthy Living Pavilion.
“Hill Physicians is committed to improving the health of the diverse communities we serve”, said Hill Physicians CEO Darryl Cardoza. “We are delighted to partner with the AsianWeek Foundation to present the Asian Heritage Street Celebration. This event reflects Hill Physicians’ core values of innovation, integrity, community service, and appreciation and respect for the diversity of all our members, values that complement the strong values of the Asian Community.”
Hill Physicians AHSC will feature:
- A variety of scrumptious pan Asian delights with an estimated 20-30 food trucks and booths
- Cooking demos from top chefs from across the Bay Area, including: Sharon Nahm of E&O Asian Kitchen, Tim Archuleta of ICHI Sushi + NI Bar, Yong Dong “Tony” Wu of M.Y. China, Fred Tang and Wilfred Pacio from Spice Kit, and Thomas Weibull from the Clift Hotel.
- Creative handmade arts and crafts items at the Arts and Crafts World Market.
- Faces of Asia Cultural Procession, a dazzling display of cultural attire
- Free admission to the Asian Art Museum, courtesy of Target, with activities all day.
- Healthy Living Pavilion – booths will feature Hepatitis B and C screenings, glucose tests, lupus education, natural medicine, and more.
- Children’s Area – where kids can play games, create their own crafts and learn about the history and cultures from all over Asia
- Two stages of live entertainment
For more info visit: www.asianfairsf.com.
10th Annual Hill Physicians Asian Heritage Street Celebration
A Project of the AsianWeek Foundation
Saturday, May 17, 2014
11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Civic Center/Little Saigon District
Larkin and McAllister Streets
San Francisco, CA