- Immunization Program Protects Babies From Hepatitis B
- Hill Physicians Asian Heritage Street Celebration Honored Local Community Groups and Schools
- On the Scene: O Canada Land of Wonderful Sights
- CAAMFest San Jose Returns September 4-7, 2014
- Six of the Baddest Asian Pacific American Comedians Come to Knock on SF’s Door
Posted on January 25, 2011 | 20 CommentsI say the NAEP does provide some interesting information, but the real progressives out there need to be able to recognize how much harm and damage can be caused by crazy standards like this just as Amy Chua realized only too late the cost of getting her girls to where she thought they should go.
Posted on December 10, 2010 | 6 CommentsShanghai’s 15-year-olds topped those in every other jurisdiction in all three subjects,” he wrote on Flypaper, the Fordham Institute’s blog. “The 2009 testing cycle marked the first time that youngsters in China-proper participated. To be sure, it was only Shanghai, the country’s flagship city in so many ways, a single megalopolis on which Beijing has lavished much investment and attention, many favorable policies, and even (for China) a relatively high degree of freedom.
Posted on October 6, 2010 | 15 CommentsThe 2010 SAT college entrance test results are in. Historically, back in the day when I went to MIT, the common wisdom was that Asians scored better in math, but were disadvantaged because of the verbal scores. The men outscored women in math, but women […]